My Growing Girl

Monday, September 20, 2010

So Far...I Haven't Ripped My Hair Out

Well, the saga of the child that would not sleep in her own bed goes on.  We are on Night Three of working on this sleeping in her own bed thing.  The previous 2 nights have been TERRIBLE- I work so hard, get her down just to have her up at approximately 3am and wanting to sleep in my bed for the rest of the night.  And both nights, I've caved.  Not from a lack of trying to get her down but from sheer exhaustion of trying to get her to sleep in her bed but her stubborness winning out over my need to sleep.  And we are talking an hour of fighting early in the morning!!!

I am so at a loss at what to do that early in the morning. The kicker is that it's not the initial bedtime routine she has issues with- it's the fact that we want her to sleep in her bed and she doesn't like being alone or something.  With me due at any time and on my own, I'm forced to rectify this by myself and hope that it is dealt with by the time my second shows up.  I have been talking to Chuck but there isn't much he can do, as he is 6 hours away and has his own hands tied.

As for that situation, he's put in for parental and now it is just a matter of a higher up saying 'yay' or 'nay' to whether he gets it and then when Izzy shows up, as he can't come home til the baby is here.  Which sucks as that is leaving me in labour by myself but I've accepted it- I'm learning that the CF doesn't always like to make families happy, no matter how important the situation.  But if all goes well, he will be home for a couple of months to help me with both children and then at the beginning of Feburary he'll go back to base and get his training done.  Nice thing, too, is that we will also know if his trade transfer has gone through. 

But anyways, that is all.  Hopefully, I can figure out some trick that works with Aby and get her accustomed to sleeping whole nights in her own bed.  I love my girl but even Mommies need a break from seeing their little girls all the time, day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments...please leave one if you can!