My Growing Girl

Monday, July 26, 2010

Holy, scare!

Ok, so today was a reminder of how painful labour will be and how alone I feel without Chuck at home to be here through it all. Earlier tonight I had massive pains in my stomach, radiating up into my rib cage and situating in my spine. It hurt so much- I couldn't move without pain, get comfortable. I actually couldn't even talk or think through it, other than it hurt and I wanted it to stop. I was sitting downstairs in my living room and decided to slowly go upstairs to my room, thinking it would help ease the pain. It made it worse. In the end, I was back downstairs, having messaged Chuck on my phone as that was all I could muster- even the act of dialling a phone number to get my parents was too much for my hurting brain.

The pain last upwards of 10 minutes, though that I am unsure of as I wasn't even able to check the time. I had pulled my laptop to check some sites and started to realize that I was hurting. Even now, hours later, I still don't know what it was. My mom says it was a muscle twinge, possibly, I'm thinking maybe a Braxton Hick contraction but what for sure? No answer for that question- all I know is that I'm going to the ER if it happens again.

Made me think of whether this baby would be like her older sister and be overdue or if I'm dealing with an impatient child this time- my due date of Sept 21st seems like such a challenge after today. I was talking to Chuck earlier today and was even telling him that I don't think Izzy is going to wait until the 21st of Sept to make her presence known. Honestly, I'll be surprised if I last longer than the 2nd week of that month. I just want to get through August and know that if she is born early, she won't have as much problems as a preemie.

Now I'm just physically tired. Not sleepy tired, just don't want to do much as of yet. And I had a massive craving for strawberry Haagen Daaz ice cream- my dad was a sweetheart and went out to get it for me and I ate the whole container.

But anyways, that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments...please leave one if you can!