Well the last two days (yesterday and today) have probably been the most...draining, to say the least. Charles was taken to the hospital with appendisitis. Long story short, he is coming home hopefully tonight, otherwise it's another quiet night for me.
Honestly, not to say that there are people out there that love being hospitals and relish times like the one I just went through with Charles, but I truelly dislike them. I know that they are there to help me or a family member and not all situations are going to end in a sad ending- like when my Grandmother had the heart attack that led to her death at 75 years old. But ever since that time, I get scared, honestly bone-deep terrified, when I enter any hospital. When it was Chuck, it took all my strength when I was going in to find in Observation to keep going forward, instead turning and running back out the door.
One thing I will say for the Ontario government is to GET MORE DOCTORS. Charles should not have had to be transported 1 hour away to another hospital just to have his appendix removed. They are lucky he got in early enough that they could take the time they needed to figure out what to do. His case, at least when he finally did make to the other hospital, was acute and they were able test- his surgery wasn't until this morning at 9, nearly 12 hours AFTER he started to have pains. What would have happened if his appendix burst??? Would he still have been shipped off like he was?? I wasn't impressed and it wasn't our hospital here at fault- it's the fact that our province doesn't do enough to entice doctors that are taught here in Canada, to stay here in Canada. There is more money to be made in the States or abroad....which really really shouldn't be the case.
So here I am, on the other side of all this. It's been hard- when I visited Charles after he was transported to the other hospital, I wanted so badly to stay. I could have, if I really really wanted to but at that point I was tired. I had a daughter that would still need me despite the situation her father was in and I couldn't risk being useless to her for the sake of staying up with Chuck. Had it just still been me and him, oh yes, I would have stayed. But I needed to go home. And it killed me inside to leave, it was hard for me to come home to an empty house. Not like it hasn't happened before, but this time felt different. I didn't like it. And I hope that we don't deal with something like this for a while but we have a baby girl...at some point, I'm sure...*crosses fingers and knocks on wood*
Well, I'm just waiting on a phone call from Charles' dad--Charles is in his room now, out of the recovery room and now it just a matter of making sure everything is ok and he can keep food down. I'm hoping on that call but not trying to get too hopeful....
My Growing Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love reading comments...please leave one if you can!