My Growing Girl

Saturday, September 5, 2009

ahhhh...the irony of a baby free weekend...

haha, I am not the best at this blogging thing- I was very regular at the beginning and now I'm lucky if I remember that I even have this. But I guess that is what happens when you have a child that is ever growing.

So, for the first time since moving in with Charles, I have the apartment to myself. I figured that, with him going to take Abygael to visit family, I would stay back to clean. Or to just enjoy a 'me' moment. In my head, I missed the sound of nothing, the lack of a having to rush around after the baby, the dog or the cat or all three at one time. I missed being able to just go outside without looking over my shoulder to make sure we have everything to go out or to make it quick because the dog needs to pee and my baby has yet to go down for a nap (the joys of apartment life--you have to take your dog outside, instead of just letting her out)

Well I have realized that all that can be overrated, not that I am regretting my decision. It was good, even though I have yet to get as far on the cleaning that I said I would do as I would like. The quiet is too quiet, the lack of routine almost missed by the time the first night had passed.

I noticed that having a whole double bed to myself isn't just something I can go back to. That first night, I was up until 1am, tossing and turning. I am so used to another body in the bed that when it was just me and the dog, I felt so vulnerable. It will be nice when I don't have to sleep like that anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments...please leave one if you can!