My Growing Girl

Friday, December 4, 2009

In the quiet of my house...

It's so quiet in my house right now.  Baby has been down since 930pm and, with Charles gone, there isn't anyone else to make a noise but me or the dog.  And I put The Weiner into her kennel about an hour ago, so she's out like a light.  Nothing but me and the keyboard...

Both Charles and I are starting to settle into a bit of a routine now that the second full week is coming to an end.  He is trying to call every night after his laundry is done (yes, ladies and gents, my husband washes his own clothes!!!) and it's actually really nice.  Not the same as when he is here and it's only for about 5 to 15 minutes but it's better than I was ever hoping.  And then on weekends he has his cell phone, so he can call whenever he feels like it.

I still miss him like mad and it's times like now where I feel like I just want him home.  I'm alone and have no one to talk to and I miss the conversations, even the random ones filled with nothing but empty, meaningless garble.  Aby even went through her own withdrawl but she is getting better-- finally staring to sleep through the night and through her naptime.  We all are going through so many changes with Charles gone.

I am happy to report that Charles finally, FINALLY got the 2 parcels and 2 letter that I sent out in the first week.  The parcels were supposed to be there within 2 days and I think only one actually made there in that time frame.  The other was on hold because I screwed up the address and it needed to verified.  But he told me today that he finally go everything.  I'm so happy.  I've never despised or mistrusted the Canadian mailing system so much, haha!

He told me that he cried when he read the one birthday card that I had sent him-- I remember thinking it made me cry as well when I picked it out.  I forget what it said but I know that, for a card that I just grabbed and didn't even read completely the first time I read it, it was perfect for the situation we were in.  It hit every nail on the head as to being apart and stuff like that-- wasn't hoping to make him tear up but...I don't know...shows he loves me or something?  I'm sure he loves that I'm telling the world that he cried over a Hallmark card, haha!  The one thing I'm happy for, at least for now, is that he managed to keep the chocolates that I sent as birthday gift.  I didn't know that food was not allowed in the barracks and sent it along, thinking it was a sweet gift--until he told me on his one day home that food wasn't allowed and would be taken away.  I was so sad and, as much as he is being a bad boy by hiding it, I am happy he's at least able to enjoy it.  Maybe I should have thought mittens or something non-edible ;).....

Today reminds why I wish I was able to just stop working and be a Mom to Aby.  I'm not going to delve into the situation as there isn't much that can be done now but I just wish I could stop working and not have to worry about that decision hurting us financially.  It would be nice to walk into my job, pass a notice saying I am done for good and have the confidence that we will be fine, that Aby will have what she needs and bills and rent will be covered.  But for now, I will fight for what is rightfully mine and see how long it takes for that small lesson to sink into some brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments...please leave one if you can!