My Growing Girl

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Procrastination....I'll do it later, haha

Well I am going to waste some time but I really shouldn't.  I leave tomorrow for a weekend up with my old friend from high school in Ottawa and have a ton of stuff that needs to be done by tomorrow morning.  But I will fit in a post before leaving so that, at the least, my space on the interwebs (dude I am LOVING that word, haha..ok, not really a word but it is now in my vocab, so...toughie, haha) doesn't feel so left out and lonesome.

Well Aby is now 8 months, inching ever closer to her 1st birthday in January.  I have yet to even think of what I am doing for that-- will I have a big part in January, when it is cold and we would have to find a place INSIDE or do I give her something small, low-key and then a 'birthday celebration' in the summer sometime??  Thinking the latter, maybe when she is a year and a half, so that we can invite kids and enjoy the warm weather.  There are days where I kind of wish I had concieved in the winter so that I had a summer baby but it's not like a winter baby isn't that fun either.  Just sucks for birthday planning, haha!  Of course, if I do a party in the summer, it would be on the basis that gifts are expected, obviously.  January will be her birthday and she will get her birthday gift then, not at the summer thing.  Just want to have a get together for Aby and 'celebrate' her turning 1 at a time where everyone can run around and not be bundled up.  But then again- I hate winter...can you tell???? well other than for Christmas and now for Aby's birthday.....

I think she may take that first step soon, but I think she is very happy with crawling for now.  It's not that she doesn't have the capability or the strength to walk-- she just likes the ease of crawling.  Knows how to boot it pretty good, too, and it hilarious.  She was at Charles' mom's place recently and did her 'Aby scoot' and all you hear is 'putt putt puttputtputtputt' of her little hands on the hardwood floor.  Within 2 seconds she was from the dining room and into the kitchen- even I was stunned at how quick she was, despite spending every day with her.  Mind you, don't think it is so cute when I am on the can, forget to close my bedroom door, she crawls there, stops at the door when I tell her 'no' and then proceeds to do the 'Aby Scoot' into my room with a devilish grin on her face....hmmmm where did she get the devilish grin from??? Not Mommy...damn it!

This weekend will be the first where she is without Mommy or Daddy at all.  She is going to spend the weekend with my parents, which works out better than if she was spend this same weekend up at her other grandparents.  I have no problem with them, other than the fact that, due to the fact that they have RARELY even bothered to ask to 'borrow' her like my own parents do, she isn't used to either place (Charles' parents are divorced).  She sleeps terrible at his Mom's place and I wouldn't let her go to his Dad's place at all since his father is an unconfessed alcoholic.  No way I will leave my little girl with that kind of person.  So at least I know she will sleep soundly for the weekend and hopefully not be too freaked that she doesn't see Mommy and Daddy for a couple of days....

So anyways, should get myself off this computer and doing things...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments...please leave one if you can!