I hate living the way I do, from pay-check to pay-check. I hated it when I was single and, now that I'm a Mom, I hate it even more. Especially at the moment, when we are barely making it from pay check to pay check.
Part of the reason is that the government made a screw up on the benefits I was receiving for Aby, thought that could have also been on my shoulders as well. Through a typo or mistake on someone there, I technically no longer qualify for my Child's Tax Benefit, cutting me out of a large chunk of money that was helping feed, cloth and diaper Aby. The other part of the reason our budget is tighter than a corset is due to the fact that, through the brain-child of someone at Charle's job, everyone at his work was placed on a program offered through (you guessed it) the government to help compensate them for shifts not worked due to the lack of orders coming through.
I would have no problem with that plan and, in fact, I had no problem with it--when it was working! The guys at Charles' job (he's a welder in a shop nearby) have been on this program for nearly a month to a month and a half. Of the pays that were supposed to be deposited, only approximately 2 were actually on time. The first one or two were delayed like they usually are, so that the people in the government could process their files. Then there was the one or two pay that went on time and now we have been waiting 2 or 3 weeks for the next pay, as someone higher up decided that it was a great time to put a new computer program in place that barely works. This decision has affected not only Charles but everyone on this government program (WorkShare) and as a result, everyone is hurting financially. Already one welder at the shop, one that has been there for a long time, is finding a new job since he is nearly broke due to this lovely plan of deciding to put everyone on WorkShare.
I guess I'm only frustrated due to the fact that we are TIGHT for cash at the moment and I am getting tired of worrying what will be paid and what won't be. I'm looking at my kitchen realizing I need to do shopping- we are running low on the basics and that's not good. I'm searching through Aby's food and hitting the conclusion that I need to re-stock or she will be out of everything. Already we had a scare yesterday- we were out of milk for ourselves (Aby drinks homo, while Charles and I drink 2%) and cream and I we couldn't afford either. What if we had been out of Aby's milk?? Luckily I have a father (yes the same father that I have had issues with) that went out and bough Charles and I a bag of 2% but it still brought it home to me- we are nearly in the financial gutter due to the stupidity of the government.
I just checked now and the payment that we have been waiting for, though not a large one, was deposited into Charles' bank account- THANK GOD! While it's not a lot, it's better than nothing at this moment. And I had some bright news, though it is only news at this time and not fact, that hours at Charles' job will be picking back up to near normal levels. With me going back to to work in about a month and half, it's not like this financial situation will drag on, hopefully.
Now to just get my Tax Benefit situation rectified and we shall be good....for now...
My Growing Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love reading comments...please leave one if you can!